This week we focused on "Dot Day." After reading a story about a little girl who turned into an artist after she discovered that even her simple little dot was art, we dedicated one whole class period experimenting with different art supplies to create our own dots. I really enjoyed "playing" in the art room that day but I do wish I had given my end display more thought. Each project turned out really cool, but I do not like how they all look together. This was a good lesson for me because now I will always remember to think the project through before even starting.
Overall, this weeks project was a blast. I would totally use "DOT DAY" in my classroom to give students an opportunity to experiment with lots of different tools and show their creativity in a variety of ways. You could even have "dots" be the theme in all content areas! Math with dots, science with dots, language arts with dots, everything with dots! I am excited to try this in the future!

No comments:
Post a Comment